Information has been updated for the 2020 Graduation Activities.
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2020
Mass Begins at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Chapel, Felician Sisters Central Convent
36800 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150
Parking: Campus Map
Parking is available in any of the Madonna University lots, excluding the North Lot (near the Residence Halls).
Handicapped parking is available near the entrance to the Chapel and under the direction of our Public Safety Officers.
- Graduates should arrive by 6:15 p.m.
- Graduates will be seated in the Chapel upon arrival.
- Rehearsal will begin at 6:20 p.m.
- Follow the directions of the ushers (dressed in gold gowns) to exit the Chapel after rehearsal. Lines for the procession will form on the sidewalk.
- Business casual attire is recommended for graduates and their guests.
- Wear your cap, gown, and hood.
- Your tassel should lay on the right side of your cap.
- Women are encouraged to wear low heeled comfortable shoes.
- Please do not bring in boxes or hangers.
- Please leave purses, valuables, corsages, flowers, and other accessories with relatives or friends.
- Mass is a solemn celebration.
- Please participate by singing and responding at appropriate times.
- Silence is observed at all other times.
- Follow the Graduation Mass booklet.
- Please be careful when raising or lowering the kneelers, so as to avoid excessive noise during the celebration.
PARTICIPATION DURING HOLY COMMUNION
- For those who are not receiving Holy Communion, you may come up during the Communion procession with your arms crossed to receive a blessing from the priest; or you may remain in your seat.
RECEPTION FOR GRADUATES AND FAMILIES
- Immediately following Mass, graduates and their guests are invited to a dessert reception in the Franciscan Center.
- There will be an opportunity for photos with the Madonna University backdrop.