I-20 Mailing Options
Please choose one of the following options when requesting to have your admission documents, i.e., the admission letter and I-20, mailed. Please provide your full name on all correspondence. It is highly recommended that you choose the Express Mail Service to ensure the timely arrival of your documents.
Authorization of an Agent
You may choose to authorize a friend or a relative to pick up your documents at the Madonna campus. If you wish to do so, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include:
- Your name and contact information;
- Your friend’s name and contact information;
- A statement authorizing that person to pick up your documents from the International Students Office.
Regular Overseas Air Mail
If you choose this option, we will send your admission documents to you by regular overseas airmail at no additional cost. The admission documents will be sent to your permanent address indicated on your application form. Please note that regular overseas mail takes 4-6 weeks and is without a tracking system. If you need to request an I-20 to be re-issued for any reason (e.g., loss in the mail), there is a $25.00 charge for reissuing the I-20.
Express Mail Service
If you choose this option, we will use an express mail service (works best with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers) that will allow you to receive your admission documents through DHL or FedEx in 3-5 days. Requesting your admission documents through express mail is at YOUR expense. Your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express cards only) will be charged upon requesting the service.
You must use the website provided above – do not go through the DHL or FedEx website directly. All communication will go through the eShipGlobal Service, who will notify us that you are requesting your I-20 to be sent by express mail.
If you are using this service, you will be required to create a user name and a password to set up an account. To request shipment, you will need your Madonna University ID number, home mailing address, e-mail address, home telephone number, and credit card information. Please pay close attention to the information submitted, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your I-20.
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipping please use the “Help” link in the site for step-by-step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step-by-Step Instructions | PDF
- Register and activate your account. Registration and activation of your account is free.
- Click the “Receive” option.
- Type “Michigan” in the search box, or select it from the drop-down list.
- Select “Madonna University” and then “Continue.”
- Select “International Students Office” and then “Continue.”
- Complete the shipping form and select “Ship/Quote.”
Note: PO Box addresses are generally not preferred by express carriers. If entering a PO Box address, be sure you provide the complete physical address where the PO Box is located in order to avoid delays or misdeliveries.
- On the confirmation page, check your shipping details.
- On the same page, complete the credit card information form.
- Select “Confirm” to advance to the shipping summary page.
- Madonna University will automatically be notified by eShipGlobal that you have requested your documents via express mail. You can track the shipment using the tracking number provided.
- Receive your documents in 3-5 business days from the date of mailing.