How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history?
- In most computer-based web browsers, to open menus used to clear your cache, cookies,
and history press
Ctrl-Shift-Delete. If this doesn't work, follow the appropriate instructions below.
- If you don't see instructions below for your specific version or browser, search your
browser's Help menu for "clear cache." If you're unsure what browser version you're using, from
the Help menu, select About [browser name]. In Internet Explorer and Firefox, if you don't see the menu bar, press
On this page:
About cache, cookies, and history
For information about your web browser's cache, cookies, and history see:
Note: The steps to clear your cache, cookies, and history may differ depending on the model
of your Android device and your preferred browser.
You should be able to clear your cache and data from your application management settings
- Go to Settings and choose Apps or Application Manager.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- In the list of installed apps, find and tap your web browser. Tap Clear Data and then Clear Cache. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Note: The following steps apply to the newest version of Mobile Safari for iOS. If you
need instructions for older versions, you might find them in Apple Support's Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data and confirm. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Select the following:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
From the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached
information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
- Click Clear browsing data. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.
If the menu bar is hidden, press
Alt to make it visible.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to
clear. Click Clear Now. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Internet Explorer 8 and higher
- From the Tools or Safety menu, select Delete browsing history...
If the menu bar is hidden press
Alt to make it visible.
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data and select:
- Temporary Internet files or Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies or Cookies and website data
- Click Delete. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the Opera menu, select Settings and then Delete Private Data....
- In the dialog box that opens, select the items you want to clear and then click Delete. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari....
- Select the items you want to reset and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all web site data includes both cookies and cache. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.