Technology Learning Services provides the technology tools, training, and support to assist you in achieving your educational and career goals throughout your college experience.
The IT Help Desk is the one point of contact for technology support at Madonna University providing resources, workshops, and support for Blackboard, student email, MY Portal, and other University supported technologies. Tutorials for Blackboard, student email, MY Portal navigation, mobile devices, and Microsoft Office products can be found under the Student Help tab in MY Portal. For assistance contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or call 734-432-5800.
|HELP DESK HOURS|
|Mondays and Thursdays||8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays||8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
MY Portal gives you personalized access to campus information and services including online registration, textbook orders, access to MY Schedule, MY Grades, MY Housing, MY Finances, and other Student Resources. To access MY Portal, go to the MY Portal link in the upper right corner of any page.
Student User ID, PIN, and passwords that are needed to access Madonna University resources will be given to you upon completion of registration. You will receive your information via U.S. mail if you complete your registration online.
Every student receives a Madonna University Microsoft Office 365 email account. This account is the official email communication between you and the faculty and with student service departments including Registration, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Student Life. You are responsible for checking your "my.madonna.edu" account regularly.
Madonna University uses the Blackboard learning management system for online classes and to supplement traditional face-to-face classes. "How to Thrive in an Online Course" is a free two-hour workshop offered prior to and at the beginning of each semester offering hands-on instruction using the Blackboard program. Click the "Student Help" tab on MY Portal for a schedule of the workshops.
To take an online course, you need access to an Internet connection; Internet Explorer 8 or higher; Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or higher; Google Chrome or Safari 5 or higher; Windows XP or MAC 10.5 or higher; and a Madonna email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Wireless access for mobile devices is available in the dorm rooms, classrooms, and throughout the campus. The password to the wireless network changes each semester; the new password can be found by clicking the "Student" tab on MY Portal and choosing "Student Resources."
The Ford Motor Company Technology Learning Center is a multi-functional learning center with four computer labs available for classes, workshops, and walk-in students. The computers are equipped with the latest software and geared toward high-end computer use for word processing, spreadsheets, multi-media, mathematics, science, languages, art, and journalism. The Technology Learning Center provides a supportive and comprehensive environment where all students are welcome to use the computers and broaden their technology skills.
|Monday-Thursday||8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 am to 5:00 p.m.|
|*Sunday||12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.|
|*The computer labs are not open on Sunday during Spring/Summer semester|
All classrooms, labs, conference rooms, and lecture halls are supplied with equipment and teaching technologies that promote active student learning and engagement. Over 100 learning spaces on main campus and at campus centers have computer and multimedia display for instruction and presentations with some learning environments designed for distance learning, video conferencing, and digital recording.
The Franciscan Center houses a state of the art production facility which includes a TV Studio, Radio Studio, Editing Lab, and Edit Suites for the production of films, photography, instructional videos, videos for the web, and television programs. Our multi-camera TV studio is the home of "Celebrate Michigan," a public service show crewed by Broadcast and Cinema Arts students that airs weekly on WMYD-TV 20 in Detroit. The hands-on approach in the Broadcast and Cinema Arts program gives students the opportunity to produce full length feature films, music videos, news programs, artistic pieces, and to collaborate on a variety of production projects with Sign Language Studies, the Writing Center, Service-Learning, Recruitment, Marketing, and Technology Learning Services.
How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history?
- In most computer-based web browsers, to open menus used to clear your cache, cookies, and history press
Ctrl-Shift-Delete. If this doesn't work, follow the appropriate instructions below.
- If you don't see instructions below for your specific version or browser, search your browser's Help menu for "clear cache." If you're unsure what browser version you're using, from the Help menu, select About [browser name]. In Internet Explorer and Firefox, if you don't see the menu bar, press
On this page:
- About cache, cookies, and history
- Apple iOS
- Internet Explorer 8 and higher
For information about your web browser's cache, cookies, and history see:
Note: The steps to clear your cache, cookies, and history may differ depending on the model of your Android device and your preferred browser.
You should be able to clear your cache and data from your application management settings menu:
- Go to Settings and choose Apps or Application Manager.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- In the list of installed apps, find and tap your web browser. Tap Clear Data and then Clear Cache. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Note: The following steps apply to the newest version of Mobile Safari for iOS. If you need instructions for older versions, you might find them in Apple Support's Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data and confirm. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Select the following:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
From the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
- Click Clear browsing data. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.
If the menu bar is hidden, press
Altto make it visible.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear. Click Clear Now. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the Tools or Safety menu, select Delete browsing history...
If the menu bar is hidden press
Altto make it visible.
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data and select:
- Temporary Internet files or Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies or Cookies and website data
- Click Delete. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the Opera menu, select Settings and then Delete Private Data....
- In the dialog box that opens, select the items you want to clear and then click Delete. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.
- From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari....
- Select the items you want to reset and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all web site data includes both cookies and cache. Close all browser windows and re-open the browser.