Make an Appointment
Meet with a member of the Career Development staff by clicking here!
Appointment Types for Students:
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Resume & Cover Letter Review
- Mock Interview
- Job/Internship Search Strategies
- On-Campus Student Employment Guidance
- Professional Headshot Photo
Employers, make an appointment to discuss ways that YOU can be involved in career readiness
initiatives for Madonna University students! (Click the link above, and select the
appointment type: Employer Inquiry)
Current Students, Alumni, and Employers:
Madonna University is partnered with Handshake, a premier career management platform used by over 14 million students and alumni from more than 700 universities.
Current students, activate your account to:
- Explore internship and on-campus student employment opportunities, as well as part-time
or full-time employment positions.
- Upload your resume, "quick apply" to positions, "follow" your favorite companies,
and use the messaging feature to connect with hiring managers and recruiters.
Alumni, be sure to utilize the Handshake platform to support your job search needs after graduation! If you are recruiting
or hiring for your company, don't forget to select the "Alumni" option within your
Employers, create your company profile to:
- Post part-time, full-time, or internship positions for Madonna University current
students and Alumni.
- Use the "messaging" feature to connect with potential candidates.
Questions? Call Career Development at 734-432-5623!
The Office of Career Development offers programs and services that support students who are initiating and implementing
their career plans. Working within an ethical framework reflecting Catholic and Franciscan
values, the office is dedicated to supporting students’ employability, reinforcing
their social responsibility and commitment to serving others, creating opportunities
to strengthen employer connections, and exploring post-degree education and employment
Internships typically last 15 weeks during Fall (Sept. through Dec.) and Winter (Jan.
through April) semesters, and 12 weeks during Summer semester (May-mid August). Students
are required to obtain a certain amount of hours if
For more information, please contact 734-432-5623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship: City of Birmingham Police Department
Participation in an internship is a great way to gain valuable work experience to
help you transition from college to career.
View Internship Spotlights »
Connect, recruit and hire Madonna students by utilizing these employer services:
- Guest Speaker: Volunteer to speak at Madonna student events.
- Job Shadow Program: Give Madonna students an insider view of careers at your company.
- Mock Interview Days: Conduct practice interviews with students interested in your industry.
- Internships: Provide students career experience and utilize their skills and fresh perspective
to help your business. See the details below.
Interns for Your Business
Career Development staff members at Madonna University help students convert their
academic degrees into rewarding careers. Internships provide great career preparation
experiences and they are mutually beneficial to students and employers. We invite
you to offer Madonna students the opportunity to use their project management, analytical,
and problem-solving skills to help your business.
Benefits to Your Organization
We are excited to connect you with students who can help your organization while they
gain practical experience. Collaborating with Madonna University offers other advantages:
- Flexible scheduling to meet short and long-term employment needs
- A chance to evaluate potential employees before committing to hire
- Increased visibility and impact of your business in the community
- New ideas and fresh approaches for your business
- Provide a job description for the internship
- Supervise the student intern in a safe and healthy work environment
- At semester’s end, reply to an online link to evaluate the student’s internship performance
- Allow for a potential onsite visit by a Facutly member or a member of our Career Development
- Maintain open communication with Madonna Career Development staff
Student interns are typically paid an hourly rate for duties they perform, which helps
offset their expenses. Madonna University follows the criteria established by the
U.S. Department of Labor for unpaid internships. Nonprofit organizations should reference
the specific Department of Labor law policies for unpaid internships.