Join the Mosaic Leadership Academy
Developing Leaders for an Inclusive World
The Mosaic Leadership Academy is a scholarship program that affords educational and
experiential opportunities for outstanding students. Grounded in Madonna University’s
Franciscan values, the Mosaic Leadership Academy promotes an appreciation of diversity,
inclusion and respect for persons of all cultures, races, backgrounds, beliefs and
Through the Mosaic Leadership Academy program and its four pillars of Leadership,
Service, Career, and Diversity & Inclusion, we empower students to excel academically
and flourish as members of a social and inclusive workforce. As a result of this program,
employers can expect access to well-prepared, diverse and culturally sensitive prospective
employees who are ready to serve.
Qualified students partake in a yearlong experience that includes:
- Development of their professional readiness
- Participation in community service and internships
- Expansion of their cultural responsiveness
- Growth in their leadership skills
- Opportunities to study abroad
- Recognition that their differences and uniqueness benefit the success of a workplace
This program is available for 25 incoming undergraduate students each year, and includes
an award for $4,000 per academic year for up to four consecutive years. Students selected
for this program will participate in 150 hours of engagement activities each semester
as a requirement of the scholarship.
- Accepted new students beginning in the Fall semester and enrolling full time.
- Academically well-prepared students who will be evaluated on various criteria, including GPA
and extracurricular involvement.
- Students of any race, culture, gender or economic background.
- Students who exhibit exemplary leadership qualities and potential.
- Students with commitment to actively contribute to the diversity and inclusion of
all races, cultures, and backgrounds in the community.
- Distinguishable students in the advancement of underrepresented groups in society.
How to Apply
- Complete the Mosaic Leadership Academy online application after official acceptance
to Madonna University
- Complete the accompanying essay prompts in the application
- Submit application and essay by February 1 [Priority Deadline]
- Final application deadline is March 1
- Decisions will be made as applicatons arrive and students are interviewed
For more information, contact Undergraduate Admissions at 734-432-5339 or email@example.com or the program director at MLA@madonna.edu.