Stage Two: Nursing Admission Students must have been accepted into the pre-nursing program and must meet the following requirements:
- Madonna University GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Accepted in to Pre-Nursing (including all final official transcripts)
- Letter of application/intent
- Completion of Madonna University Writing Assessment and any required writing workshops
- Completion, or expected completion, of all prerequisite courses
- Acceptable entrance exam score (Students, direct from high school, who score above a 20 on the ACT do not have to take the entrance exam for admissions purposes)
- Completion of criminal background check
Students with complete applications, who meet the minimum requirements, will be referred to the Nursing Admissions Committee. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application. Student may be selected, waitlisted, or denied. Students who are denied may reapply for a future semester. Students interested in the Accelerated BSN program can find information regarding the admissions process on the ABSN Admissions page of thier website.
NURSING APPLICATION DEADLINES*
Fall Semester – January 31
Winter Semester – July 31
*Late applications will not be considered
Students are conditionally accepted to the nursing major pending satisfactory results of a criminal background check. Students must submit health information and evidence of up-to-date immunizations as a course requirement before beginning nursing (NUR) courses.
Decisions on admission to the major are made by the Nursing Admissions Committee which meets in February and August.
Admission to the upper-division major is selective and competitive; admission to pre-nursing is not a guarantee of admission to the nursing major.