Why study Gerontology at Madonna University?
- One out of five Michiganders is age 60 or over, and long-term care is the tenth largest employer in the U.S.
- Gain hands-on experience through internships in various community and long-term care settings
- Become an expert in advocating for older adults and accessing community resources
- Enhance your marketability with a certificate in dementia care or care management
- Faculty members are respected professionals, who share real life experiences and skills
- Learn from anywhere you have an internet connection - you can complete this degree in the classroom or in a degree completion format 100% online
As an Aging Studies student, you will be prepared to address the growing and evolving concerns of an aging population. Gain skills, promote positive aging, and help older adults retain their health and well-being so they can achieve their highest potential. You will experience the appreciation of older clients as you assist them in gaining benefits, finding appropriate housing, acquiring health and technology literacy, and accessing needed services. To achieve this goal, you will learn about the physical, social, psychological, and spiritual aspects of growing older in American society. You’ll sharpen your communication and critical thinking skills, and graduate prepared to find and master a rewarding career working in the aging field.
|Careers||Grad School||Employers of Alumni|
|Admissions director||Madonna University||American House|
|Care coordinator||Oakland University||Alzheimer’s Association|
|Community health worker||University of Detroit Mercy||Area Agency on Aging 1-B|
|Community liaison||University of Michigan||Brookdale Senior Living|
|Insurance administrator||Wayne State University||Canterbury-on-the-Lake|
|Intake coordinator||Civic Park Senior Center – Livonia|
|Life enrichment director||Clinton Twp. Senior Adult Life Ctr.|
|Residential housing administrator||Jewish Senior Life|
|Senior center director||Marywood Nursing Center|
|Service coordinator||Presbyterian Villages of Michigan|
|Volunteer manager||The Senior Alliance|