Why Study Adult AP HSP & Pall Care Nurse Spec Post-MSN Cert at Madonna University?
- Prepare for certification as an Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (ACHPN), offered through the Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC).
- Madonna University pioneered offerings of formal higher education in hospice and palliative care for APRNs
- Program provides preparation for providing expert hospice and palliative care services for adults and families experiencing serious, progressive illness.
- Your clinical courses will be taught by practicing palliative care APRNs
The focus of this post-master’s certificate is to further prepare certified APRNs to provide high quality hospice and palliative care services. Advanced practice palliative care nursing serves patients, families, and caregivers during serious, progressive illnesses. Palliative care APRNs provide holistic care that focuses on disease management, symptom relief, emotional distress, care transitions, and loss.
- Graduates of our certificate program have obtained APRN positions in acute care and community-based palliative/hospice practices and have been pioneers in helping to establish palliative care services in health organizations
- Graduates have continued their education by obtaining doctoral degrees
- Graduates who also obtain doctoral degrees can become faculty members in schools of nursing