Why Study DNA Analysis at Madonna University?
- Implement the use of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations as it relates to the duties of a crime lab technician
- Articulate the results of DNA analyses appropriately in oral and written forms
- Use critical thinking to evaluate options and implement solutions to problems encountered when handling DNA evidence in the crime laboratory
At the conclusion of the certificate program, students will be able to:
- Perform basic techniques and analyses routinely used in the biology division of crime laboratories including but not limited to collecting, identifying, classifying, and analyzing physical evidence to recover DNA profiles from evidence items
- Demonstrate a specialized body of knowledge as it relates to the properties of DNA and the molecular techniques that allow individual identification from minute biological samples obtained from physical evidence at a crime scene
- Apply knowledge of forensic DNA analysis techniques to provide expert testimony in a court of law