Why Study Crime Laboratory Technician at Madonna University?
- Implement the use of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations as it relates to the duties of a crime lab technician
- Articulate the results of forensic analyses appropriately in oral and written forms
- Use critical thinking to evaluate options and implement solutions to problems encountered in the crime laboratory
At the conclusion of the certificate program, students will be able to:
- Perform basic techniques and analyses routinely used in forensic crime laboratories including but not limited to collecting, identifying, classifying, and analyzing physical evidence related to criminal investigations, as well as tests on weapons or substances, such as fiber, hair, and tissue to determine significance to investigation.
- Describe the properties of substances commonly used in forensic laboratories and the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo, including uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, and disposal methods.
- Use knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process to effectively perform the duties of a crime lab technician.