Applicants for admission to the Hospice and Palliative Studies graduate certificate are evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Satisfactory score on the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) for applicants with less than a 3.25 undergraduate GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation from an employer or agency affiliate.
- Admission interview with the Director of the Hospice and Palliative Studies Program or assistant.
- Writing assessment: completion of an extemporaneous writing sample on an issue related to hospice.
- Admission requirements and procedures follow the policies in the Graduate Bulletin.
Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of credit, with departmental approval.