Academic, Administrative or Grievance Requests | Special Requests Form
All special requests begin with this form and should be in writing (signed and dated by the student).
Note: Except in rare and unusual circumstances, requests will not be accepted more than 60 days beyond the end of the semester relative to the request. A lack of knowledge regarding the policies and procedures that affect you or a lack of attendance are not a basis for approving any request.
This form can be used for the following requests:
- Academic Forgiveness (undergraduates only)
- Course Load Over 18 s.h. (undergraduates only)
- Reinstatement (undergraduates only)
- Withdrawal/Drop with or without refund consideration
- Grievance: for consideration of a grievance resulting from misinterpretation of the Madonna University Bulletin and/or departmental policies (Grievance Policy). Students who wish to appeal a grade or removal from their academic program must also follow this procedure. For academic grievances, students must follow a prescribed process, beginning with the faculty, the department chair, and the dean. Once these steps have been followed, this special request can be used to initiate a university appeal hearing. This can also be used for non-academic grievances, such as for behavioral sanctions like expulsion or dismissal from the residence hall or a club.
Please refer to the second page of the form for specific details and instructions for completing the special request form.