Graduates: Please log in to MyPortal for complete 2013 Graduation Information.
The following information is intended for the family and guests of Madonna University graduates.
Graduation Mass | Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 7 p.m.
Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Chapel, Felician Sisters Central Convent
||Parking | Campus Map
Please park in lots 11, 20 and 14. Handicapped parking is available near the entrance to the Chapel.
- Mass is a solemn celebration.
- Please participate by singing and responding at appropriate times.
- Silence is observed at all other times.
- Follow the Graduation Mass booklet.
- Please be careful when raising or lowering the kneelers, so as to avoid excessive noise during the celebration.
Participation during Holy Communion
For those who are not receiving Holy Communion, you may come up during
the Communion procession with your arms crossed to receive a blessing
from the priest; or you may remain in your seat.
Immediately following Mass, graduates and their guests are invited to
the University Center Dining Hall for a dessert reception.
- There will be an opportunity for photos with the Madonna University backdrop in the Dining Hall.
Commencement | Sunday, May 5, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.
Compuware Arena, Plymouth, Michigan
- Entrance to Commencement is by ticket only.
Participating graduates can pick up three complimentary tickets April 1 through April 26, 2013 from Student Life (Room 1411). Based on
availability, up to three additional tickets may be purchased at $5 each
from Student Accounts (Room 2005).
- Complimentary and purchased
tickets will only be given to the participating graduate. With written
permission, tickets will be released to the participating graduate’s
family member or friend.
- Participating graduates may have tickets
mailed if requested in writing. Please enclose a self-addressed and stamped
envelope, and if ordering more than three tickets, a check made payable
to Madonna University.
DVD and Photos
Commencement DVD produced by Madonna University Technology Learning
Services is available for purchase at $10 each. When your graduate
completes the Participation Form, he or she can order a DVD. Otherwise,
DVDs can be ordered from Student Accounts (Room 2005). DVDs will be
mailed following Commencement.
- Graduation Foto has been contracted
for Commencement and will photograph graduates as they cross the stage.
Within one week, Graduation Foto will send proofs to participating
graduates with information on placing orders.
Parking and Directions | Map and Directions
- Parking is limited. We recommend that you and your family carpool.
Compuware Arena is located on the east side of Beck Road between 5 Mile
Road and M-14.
- Graduates should arrive at noon.
- Enter through the main entrance (near C.J.’s Brewing Company).
- Guests will be required to present their tickets upon entry.
- Due to capacity needs, seats can only be held until 1:15 p.m.
- Handicap seating is available around the perimeter of the arena.
- Ushers will be available to direct guests to seats.
- Proper decorum is required. This is a formal ceremony. Please turn off all cell phones.
- Because the program is two hours long, the attendance of children under five years is strongly discouraged.
Guests are welcome to take non-flash photos or videos during the
exercises but are to stay in their seats. Only authorized, contracted
photographers are permitted to take pictures on the main floor.
After the ceremony
- Please meet your graduate at the main entrance of Compuware on the upper level.
When exiting the parking lot, it is highly recommended that you turn
right on Beck Road, right again on 5 Mile Road, and right on Sheldon
Road to get back on to M-14.
Gift Opportunities for the Graduate
The Alumni Office offers the first giving opportunity to new alumni in
the form of a Spirit Tassel. Spirit Tassels can be purchased for $20.13
and graduates will be recognized at Commencement for wearing this
tassel. There are other opportunities to recognize your graduate and
give back to the University. The Alumni Office can be reached at
734-432-5811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Madonna University Bookstore carries a variety of items for
graduates and new alumni. You can purchase diploma frames, T-shirts,
sweatshirts, mugs, and more! The Bookstore can be reached at
734-432-5613 or online.