You must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for Federal, State and most Madonna University aid programs.
The first step in applying for financial aid is to acquire your Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you are a dependent student, your parents must also apply for a separate PIN. The PINs serve as your electronic signatures and allow you to submit your FAFSA online.
The FAFSA must be completed for each academic year and can be submitted anytime after Jan. 1. We recommend that you apply by March 1 of every year.
Madonna University Federal School Code: 002282
Helpful Hints for Completing the FAFSA
- Gather documents needed to complete the FAFSA. If you have not yet completed a tax form, you may estimate this information to ensure that you will meet the suggested filing date.
- An improperly completed form may cause delays in processing.
- Round amounts to the nearest dollar.
- Complete all questions. If a question doesn't apply, enter a zero (unless otherwise instructed).
- Be certain your Social Security Number (SSN) is correct by using the number directly from your Social Security Card. Your application will be delayed if the SSN is incorrect, and you will be required to provide additional documentation (i.e. copy of your birth certificate or Social Security card).
- Be sure to list your date of birth accurately on your application, or it may be rejected.
- Indicate the Madonna University Federal School Code of 002282 on the FAFSA.
- Indicate whether you plan to live with parents, on or off campus.