CashCourse is a free website for MU students with many financial literacy topics, such as paying for college, dealing with debt, and finding scholarships.
The mission of Academic Advising at Madonna University is to facilitate an educational process of intellectual inquiry that by intention and design promotes students’ understandings of the meaning and purpose of higher education based on Christian humanistic values, a respect for diversity, and a commitment to serving others. The relationship between advisors and students fosters intellectual, personal and spiritual development toward academic success and lifelong learning.
The purpose of Academic Advisors is to assist new and current students with academic life. An academic advisor can help students:
• Formulate an academic plan that outlines their academic path;
• Explain academic requirements;
• Monitor academic progress; and
• Interpret institutional procedures (e.g., adding or dropping courses, selecting or changing majors).
In addition, an academic advisor can:
• Recommend opportunities for personal growth and academic development;
• Refer students to community and campus resources;
• Support students when they encounter both academic and non-academic challenges;
• Discuss alternatives if students have doubts about their initial choice of major; and/or
• Provide students with career-related information.
Madonna University is dedicated to providing the information, advising, resources and support needed for students to set goals for academic achievement and designing plans to succeed in reaching those goals.