The Supplemental Instruction (SI) program is a series of informal, voluntary, and free weekly review sessions offered for select classes considered historically difficult. The sessions are facilitated by model students and offer the ability to better understand course material, discuss important concepts, develop study strategies, and prepare for tests.
Goals of SI
• Promote student learning
• Increase retention
• Improve graduation rates
Spring/Summer 2013 Schedule
• Targets courses not students
• Open to all students in the course
• Voluntary but students must register
• Encourages students to take responsibility
• Develops academic and learning skills
Reasons to Utilize SI
• Develop better study strategies
• Earn a better grade
• Build self-confidence
• Prepare for tests
• Gain access to a BB site with examples, practice questions, worksheets, etc.
• Have questions answered outside of course
• A chance to discuss important concepts
• Improve understanding of course material
• Gain from the Leader’s experience.
• IT’S FREE
Frequently Asked Questions
The role of a SI Leader
Become an SI Leader
For questions, please contact 734-432-5599 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Suite 1400.