Madonna University Writing Center
The Writing Center is looking for sophomores or juniors to tutor students one-on-one in writing.
Walk-ins and appointments welcome. Bring your writing questions to us!
The Writing Center helps you:
- Start thinking about/writing a paper
- Organize and develop your ideas
- Catch more of your own errors
- Figure out what your professor expects from your paper
- Write critically
- Use outside source material correctly
- Write a paper in MLA, APA, CSE, or CMS documentation style
- Revise your draft to make it stronger
Besides one-on-one, face-to-face tutoring, the Writing Center provides:
- Online tutoring
- Skype tutoring
- Peer-review help in the classroom
- Academic workshops in the classroom
Note: Writing Center tutors cannot look at projects the day they’re due!
Readings, songs, and American Sign Language featured at Open Mic
Students, songs, poems, short fiction, and free cookies and punch enlivened the Open Mic, 8-10 p.m. Wednesday, April 5, in the Franciscan Gathering Space. Hosted by the Writing Center and the Madonna Pen, the Open Mic celebrated the publication of MU Voices, campus literary blog, available at http://muvoiceswinter2017.blogspot.com/.