Madonna University Writing Center
During spring break, the Writing Center will be open:
Monday through Thursday, 11-6 p.m.
Friday, 11-3 p.m.
We will be closed Saturday, March 4, and Saturday, March 11.
The Writing Center is looking for sophomores or juniors to tutor students one-on-one in writing.
Walk-ins and appointments welcome. Bring your writing questions to us!
The Writing Center helps you:
- Start thinking about/writing a paper
- Organize and develop your ideas
- Catch more of your own errors
- Figure out what your professor expects from your paper
- Write critically
- Use outside source material correctly
- Write a paper in MLA, APA, CSE, or CMS documentation style
- Revise your draft to make it stronger
Besides one-on-one, face-to-face tutoring, the Writing Center provides:
- Online tutoring
- Skype tutoring
- Peer-review help in the classroom
- Academic workshops in the classroom
Note: Writing Center tutors cannot look at projects the day they’re due!
Readings, songs, and American Sign Language featured at Open Mic
Students Marwah Ayache, Jerrick Breckenridge, Wayne Breckenridge, Delvonta’ Pinkston, and Angela Maggioncalda joined Writing Center Coordinator Frances FitzGerald for Open Mic from 8 to 9:15 p.m. Wednesday, December 7, in the Franciscan Gathering Space. Wayne and Angela sang, Marwah read works by some of her favorite authors and shared a few Muslim prayers, Elizabeth recited the Our Father in American Sign Language, Delvonta’ read excerpts from his book-in-progress, and Frances read a few pieces from the fall 2016 issue of MU Voices. The newest issue of MU Voices is available through http://muvoicesfall2016.blogspot.com/