Madonna Supports Marygrove Community
August 15, 2017
LIVONIA, Mich. – The Madonna and Marygrove communities have enjoyed a very close relationship and have mutually assisted each other over the years, which made it even sadder for Madonna employees to learn that Marygrove College will close its undergraduate programs at the end of the Fall 2017 semester.
Madonna’s President Michael A. Grandillo, Ph.D., and the entire Madonna family, has pledged its continued support and assistance to the Marygrove community, through this difficult time.
Support and assistance involves delivering the following services with the same Madonna respect, compassion and Christian concern that Madonna staff and faculty show to anyone they encounter:
- Maximizing the number of transfer credits for passing grades that Madonna will apply toward a Madonna degree.
- Offering Madonna’s undergraduate tuition for 2017-2018 of $10,350 per semester for full-time students (12-18 credits) and $690 per credit hour for part-time students (1-11 credits).
- Matching the out-of-pocket expense the student was paying Marygrove College for their most recent term of attendance. For example, if a student was paying $7,000 out-of-pocket to attend Marygrove in Winter 2017, Madonna will ensure that the student only pays $7,000 out-of-pocket in 2017-2018.
- Providing a free double room in the Residence Hall for full-time students for the 2017-2018 academic year (a $4,800 value), or the student can apply the $4,800 to a single, quad or apartment-style room for the academic year.
- Visit Days, will provide Marygrove students the opportunity to visit Madonna, enjoy a complimentary breakfast, learn about Madonna’s academic programs, discuss financial aid, and tour campus.
Thursday Aug. 17, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 26, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 23, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 9, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Marygrove students are encouraged to reach out to the staff in Madonna’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions, anytime during the Fall Semester, to learn more about Madonna’s programs and the admissions process. They can be reached M-F at 734-432-5339, or email@example.com.
Madonna and Marygrove share similar Christian, humanistic values, a focus on student service and many of the same undergraduate degree programs. Liberal arts education, career preparation and service-learning have been the hallmarks of a Madonna University education for 80 years. Madonna degrees change the lives of students, and in turn, they change the lives of those they serve in their careers. In addition to the beautiful main campus, conveniently located at I-96 and Levan Road in Livonia, Madonna offers academic programs in Gaylord, Macomb, and online in China, and Haiti. Michigan’s most affordable, independent, Catholic, liberal arts university, Madonna offers more than 100 undergraduate and 35 graduate programs in the colleges of arts and humanities, natural and social sciences, education, and nursing and health, as well as the School of Business.
# # #