Passionate about student learning and the Metro-Detroit area? Faculty members interested in teaching service-learning courses are encouraged to contact the Office of Service-Learning directly for more information on how to integrate service-learning into their course(s).
Services designed for faculty
- Service-learning Faculty Fellows and Mentors Program
- Service-learning project logistical support
- Assistance with designing pre-service orientations
- Pre/Post Service Surveys
- Community engagement data collection, monitoring, and reporting
- Professional development resources via Blackboard
- Connections to networks like the Southeast Michigan Higher Education Collaborative, Michigan Campus Compact, and other non-profits
Check out the current edition of the Compact Magazine highlighting the Growing Green: Community Teacher Garden.