Why Study Psychology at Madonna University?
- Full-time faculty with career experience practicing in the areas of clinical and research psychology.
- Adjunct faculty who bring a wealth of experience from an array of sub-disciplines within the field, including forensic, industrial/organizational, and child psychology.
- A choice of three different concentrations within the major (I.e., general psychology, mental health, and business) that allows students the chance to specialize in a content area that will best prepare them within their career goals.
- Individualized, student-led research opportunities.
- Active chapter of PSI CHI, the national psychology honor society.
- Bachelor’s Degree opens the door to dozens of different careers.
As a student in the Psychology Department you will graduate with a solid foundation in the understanding of the whole person through exploration of research-based practice in psychology within the context of the values and goals of Madonna University. Students who choose psychology as a major soon learn that a career as a psychologist requires graduate study. The department prepares students for strong applications to graduate programs by promoting the development of responsible scholarship, knowledge of major findings and issues in psychology, an open and inquiring mind and an appreciation of the diversity of human life. All students learn to think psychologically, to apply psychological principles to a professional setting and begin to understand how to apply their strengths to careers in psychology and related fields. The specialized curriculums in Mental Health Psychology and in Business Psychology afford an opportunity for those who select one of these options to experience the application of their coursework through internships and cooperative education. Many students use this experience as support for graduate applications or to add to their resume for entry-level positions in organizations seeking new employees with skills in research, leadership, and human behavior.
|Careers||Undergrad/Grad School||Employers of Alumni|
|Case Work||(BS in Pyschology from MU)||Vista Maria|
|Loan Officer||University of Toledo||Quicken Loans|
|Foster Care/Adoptions||Western Michigan||Orchards’ Children’s Services|
|School Psychology||Wayne State||Milan School District|
|Professor of Psychology||University of Detroit Mercy||Washtenaw Community|
|Behavioral Analysis||University Physicians Autism Center|
|Industrial/Organizational Psychology||Local Hospital Administration|
|Clinical Psychology||Michigan Department of Corrections|