Why Study Nurse/Health Educator Graduate Certificate at Madonna University?
- Prepare yourself to educate tomorrow’s nurses and health professionals in academic or staff development settings.
- Learn about teaching and learning theories, curriculum development, and teaching applications in real-world settings including classrooms, simulation labs, and healthcare organizations.
- Participate in an exciting hybrid class format that combines on-line and on ground learning.
- Become a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) following program completion if you are a registered nurse who also holds a graduate nursing degree.
- Learn from talented professors who are currently teaching in nursing and healthcare organizations.
- Complete the certificate in one calendar year by taking one course each semester in spring, fall, and winter semesters.
If you are a nurse or other health professionals interested in preparing for a teaching role, the Nurse/Health Educator Certificate program is for you. The program prepares you with the knowledge and practical skills needed to begin a teaching position in nursing education or health care settings. During the teaching practicum, you will participate in classroom and clinical teaching, simulation instruction with high fidelity simulators, and academic service learning. If you are also enrolled in one of the graduate nursing programs, you can include the nurse educator courses in your plan of study and graduate with both a graduate degree (MSN or DNP) and the additional graduate certificate as a Nurse/Health Educator.
Nurses and other health professionals who complete the graduate certificate program and also hold a graduate degree have gone on to take full time and part time teaching positions at various universities and colleges. Some graduate students who have completed the certificate program have begun their nursing faculty careers by serving in adjunct clinical faculty positions in schools of nursing, gaining valuable teaching experience as they complete their graduate degrees. Formal preparation for a teaching position by completing the Nurse/Health Educator certificate along with your graduate degree positions you as an attractive and highly qualified applicant for nursing faculty positions.
Roxanne Roth MSN, RN
As a seasoned educator in a post-acute environment, the tools, strategies and theories gained through the Nurse/Health Educator Certificate Program have provided me the opportunity to enhance and further refined my efforts to guide needed clinical transformation. As a nurse completing studies to achieve a Doctor of Nursing Practice, the Nurse/Health Educator Certificate has provided an additional set of skills that truly complement the essentials of DNP practice.
As the nursing profession is experiencing a shortage of nurse faculty, the Nurse Educator Certificate program has assisted me in building the confidence and competence in the role of Nurse Educator. This program has opened up new doors as I seek opportunities for a faculty role in university settings. I feel that I have gained the right tools and strategies to be able to confidently and effectively prepare our future workforce of nurses. The faculty at Madonna University are wonderful exemplars in fostering and guiding nurses who wish to pursue educator roles in all types of settings. I highly recommend this program to any nurse who values and wishes to build upon the role of teacher – as essential part of our nursing practice.