| Academics | History & Paralegal Studies
Why Study Paralegal Studies (Cert.) at Madonna University?
- The Post Baccalaureate Certificate can be completed in one year of full-time study.
- Graduates have jobs! Upon graduation 95% of graduates are typically employed, with the majority of graduates employed full-time as legal assistants or paralegals with the top law firms, corporations, and courts in the Metro area.
- The Program has been approved by the American Bar Association since 1984 and enjoys a strong reputation in the Metro area legal community. Attorneys refer their staff and family to the Madonna Paralegal Program.
- The Program offers flexible scheduling, with only 10 c.r. required to be taken on campus.
- The faculty includes practicing paralegals and attorneys with experience in the legal specialties which they teach.
- For a more detailed description of the Program, please click on this link to the Program Director’s interview with the Paralegal Voice: www.madonna.edu/paralegal-voice
Students and graduates of the program will join over 2,000 paralegal alumni who have contributed to making the Madonna University Paralegal program the best in metropolitan Detroit. Potential employers often refer students to the program so they can be a “Madonna Paralegal." The job opportunities for paralegals are outstanding with salaries starting at approximately $38,000-$45,000 and within five years ranging from $55,000 to $85,000. After 10 years, paralegals can make over $100,000 annually. They are employed in full-time jobs with benefits in the top law firms, corporations and courts. The challenging program is an excellent undergraduate pre-law major with legal research and writing courses that prepare students very well for the first year of law school.
Employers of Alumni
|Estate Planning||Madonna University||Ford Motor Company-OGC|
|Family Law||MSU College of Law||Ford Motor Credit|
|Probate Administration||University of Detroit Law||Wayne County Prosecutor|
|Real Estate||MSU Graduate School||Pepper Hamilton, LLP|
|Banking||CMU Graduate School||Sommers Schwartz|
|Insurance||Ava Maria Law School||Honigman Law Firm|
|Risk Management||University of Toledo Law||Miller Canfield|
|Products Liability||Wayne State University Law||The Kitch Law Firm|
|Intellectual Property||Thomas Cooley Law School||General Motors Legal Department|
|Corporate Law||U.S. Attorney's Office|
|Government||U.S. Department of Justice|
|Elder Law||Federal Court-Eastern District of MI|
|Litigation||Oakland County Circuit Court|