Why Study a Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Leadership and Innovation at Madonna University?
Prepare to lead for today and for tomorrow. Graduates with the Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) Degree will be prepared to successfully engage in system-level leadership in various education agencies, including local and regional school districts and state education agencies. You will also qualify for leadership opportunities at community colleges, public and private universities, and related human service organizations.
- A hybrid format, with face-to-face meetings on Thursday evenings.
- A compressed schedule with two courses running consecutively per semester, each one 8 weeks long.
- A team cohort model so you start and end with the same classmates, supporting each other.
- Preparation to lead excellent, equitable, and responsive organizations and educational systems.
- Results to be an effective leader who applies research-based best practices to solve organizational problems.
- The Ed.D in Leadership and Innovation requires a minimum of 60 credit hours beyond the master’s degree: 30 credits in the foundation core courses of the Madonna Ed.D. Program, and 30 credits in the Madonna Ed.S. Educational Leadership program or 30 credits in an Ed.S. program from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education.
- Five courses per academic year, with two 8-week courses in fall, two 8-week courses in winter, and one 8-week course in summer.
- Gain experience in research techniques, methodologies, and scholarly writing within your field of emphasis with the support of experienced faculty to assist you in meeting the requirements of this rigorous and rewarding process.
- Students develop their dissertation with the support of Madonna University faculty to promote timely progress and satisfactory completion.
- Become knowledgeable of, and sensitive to, differences in student achievement and employee performance.
Some of your future career possibilities:
Higher Education Leadership
Human Service Organization Leadership
Professional Development Director