Pre-dietetics is a major declared by students who have a goal of entering the Dietetics Program. Students who declare a Pre-Dietetics major are assigned to a Dietetics advisor and may enroll in Dietetics courses. Pre-dietetics majors can obtain an application for admissions into the Dietetics pogram from the program director, Dr. Karen Schmitz (email@example.com) or from the secretaries in the Franciscan Center, Room 217.
Admissions into the Dietetics program is based on an average overall GPA of at least 3.0 from all colleges and universities attended, and an average GPA of at least 3.0 in the following courses or equivalent courses:
• NFS 2250 Human Nutrition
• WRT 1010 College Composition I
• WRT 1020 College Composition II
• BIO 2240 Human Physiology
• BIO 2260 Microbiology or BIO 2270 Microbiology for the Health Sciences
• CHM 2210 Organic Chemistry.
For more information, visit the the Dietetics program page.