The content of the program is designed to provide students with the following competencies:
- Integrate knowledge of basic Christian tradition, teachings, and interpretations in the practical application of ministerial service.
- Demonstrate written, verbal, and hand-on capabilities appropriate to the chosen field.
- Apply principles of counseling, effective listening skills, team approach skills, and cross-disciplinary expertise to contemporary cross-cultural and ecumenical facets of ministry.
- Demonstrate practical and strategic decision-making skills for implementation in multi-cultural venue.
- Formulate plans of action that include short- and long-term service programs, as well as appropriate referrals.