Admission to the MAT program in literacy education is determined on the basis of following criteria:
- Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (An average of less than 3.0 will be reviewed for conditional admission.)
- Two letters of recommendation from current supervisors or professional persons.
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate.
- Prior or concurrent teaching experience.
- Admission interview with the coordinator of the Literacy Education Program.
Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of credit, with departmental approval.
Check current tuition rates.
Reduced rates are available for Madonna Teacher Education graduates and teachers in the Archdiocese of Detroit.