Admission to the endorsement in autism spectrum disorders is determined on the basis of the following criteria:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (An average of less than 3.0 will be reviewed for conditional admission.)
- Two letters of recommendation from current supervisor or professional persons.
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate, current or expired. An expired certificate must be renewed to be ASD endorsed.
- Prior or concurrent teaching experience.
- Admission interview with the Coordinator of the Autism Spectrum Disorders Program.
Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of credit, with departmental approval for the endorsement in ASD. Students may take up to 6 semester hours prior to admission.
Reduced rates are available for Madonna graduates. Special tuition rates are available for teachers in the Archdiocese of Detroit. Please contact Student Accounts at Madonna University for the current rate. The Archdiocese also offers a tuition assistance program for qualified candidates working in the Archdiocese of Detroit Schools. Please contact the Office of Catholic Schools at 313-237-5770 for information.
For more information about our Austism Spectrum Disorders Master's Program, contact
Dr. Jill Robinson at 734-432-5651.
College of Education