Information on eldercare issues for Madonna and the broader community is available through the Gerontology Department. Contact Sue Sweeney at email@example.com or 734-432-5528.
A monthly Eldercare Brown Bag for faculty and staff presents information of relevance to eldercare, aging, and retirement. Look for postings to the Gerontology Department Calendar (internal link), in the Madonna email calendar, and for email announcements.
Eldercare External Links
• Eldercare Online provides articles on numerous facets of caring for older persons.
• “Aging Parents and Common Sense,” a guide to common issues facing caregivers.
• National Alliance for Caregiving, NAC, a national coalition of caregiving organizations.
• Family Caregiver Alliance, FCA, a nonprofit providing information and advocacy for caregivers.
• Eldercare Locator offers information on services by zip code.
• Aging Solutions, a proprietary website with consumer information.
• “Because We Care,” a guide for caregivers published by the Administration on Aging.
• “Case Management for Caregivers,” a booklet outlines case management situations.
• Alzheimer’s Association provides links, information, and resources on dementia.