The Sport Management program offers several educational opportunities. Whether choosing a major or minor, students are prepared for a variety of administrative positions in sports, entertainment and recreational industries. The College of Education designed the Sport Management major in response to the growing demand for professionals who combine strong oral and written communication skills with the important knowledge and background of sports. Opportunities for employment exist in YMCAs, recreation centers, college athletics, and many more venues. This expanding field has created a great demand for graduates trained in the world of Sport Management.
As part of the College of Education, the program is committed to providing students with a research and theory-based education in Sport Management combined with an in-depth study of Business or Journalism. We instill humanistic values and respect for diversity that assist students in their preparation alongside fundamental knowledge and field experiences necessary to compete for a career in the sport, recreation and entertainment industry.
Goals of Program
- Prepare students for a career in sport management or future graduate studies.
- Provide students opportunities where decision making and critical thinking skills are used in practical job experiences.
- Provide students practical work experiences in professional settings that are consistent with their goals.
- Provide students a complete Sports Management curriculum with coursework in collaboration with other academic disciplines.
- Provide students with courses that reflect the trends and professional practices in the Sports Management Field.
- Serve students in other disciplines that have an interest in taking courses with sports-related topics.
Application for Agency as Internship Site