The Management Information Systems Bachelor of Science degree provides students with the knowledge foundations necessary to secure career oriented positions in information management technology.
The curriculum focuses on information management, database technologies, business systems analysis, programming, applications development, computer network design, and implementation. Students completing the Management Information Systems program will be prepared for an entry level position in the computer field and:
- Apply systems theory to organizational information needs
- Apply appropriate methodologies and techniques to the development of Information Systems
- Demonstrate the use of industry standard software/hardware and its application to business problem solving
- Utilize industry standard methods for data and information management
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic use of information systems