The Associate of Science in Computer Technology provides students with the knowledge foundations necessary to secure positions in information management technology. The curriculum focuses on information management, database technologies, business systems analysis, programming and applications development, and computer network design and implementation.
Students completing the Computer Technology program are prepared for an entry level position in the computer field while:
- Applying systems theory to organizational information needs
- Applying appropriate methodologies and techniques to the development of information systems
- Demonstrating the use of industry standard software and hardware and their application to business problem solving
- Utilizing industry standard methods for data and information management
- Demonstrating an understanding of the strategic use of information systems